The investment options under the scheme will be limited to the following categories of equities ?
Listed equity shares
1. The top 100 stocks at NSE and BSE i.e., CNX-100 / BSE -100 (This does not mean that one has to trade through NSE or BSE only. If the securities constituting BSE 100 or CNX 100 are listed and traded in any new stock exchange that may come up on a later day, the same will be eligible for RGESS.)
2. Stocks of public sector enterprises which are categorized by the Government as Maharatna, Navaratna and Miniratna
3. Combinations of stocks in (a) and /or (b) which are listed and traded on a stock exchange and settled through a depository system (eg. Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)or Mutual Fund (MF) schemes with RGESS eligible securities as mentioned in (a) and / or (b) as underlying, provided they are listed and traded on a stock exchange and settled through a depository mechanism)
4. Follow-on Public Offers (FPOs) of (a) and (b)
5. New Fund Offers (NFOs) of (c) above
Unlisted equity shares
Initial Public Offers (IPOs) of PSUs, which are scheduled to get listed in the relevant financial year and where the government holding is at least 51% and whose annual turnover is not less than Rs. 4000 cr for each of the immediate past three years.