Government of India, the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the appointment of 10 MDs and CEOs in Public Sector Banks. The list of newly appointed MDs & CEOs are : (input by PTI)
- Mrutyunjay Mahapatra and Padmaja Chundru, (Deputy managing directors in State Bank of India) have been appointed as managing director and chief executive officer of Syndicate Bank and Indian Bank respectively. Mr Mahapatra and Chundru will have tenure till the date of their superannuation, i.e. May 31, 2020 and August 31, 2021, respectively.
- Three other Dy MDs of SBI — Pallav Mohapatra, J Packirisamy and Karnam Shekhar — have also been appointed as MD and CEO of Central Bank of India, Andhra Bank and Dena Bank, respectively. Mohapatra and Packirisamy’s tenure will last till February 28, 2021. Shekhar will be the MD and CEO of Dena Bank till June 30, 2020.
- Syndicate Bank’s existing ED CH S S Mallikarjuna Rao has been appointed MD and CEO of Allahabad Bank initially for a period of three years. Rao’s tenure will be extendable up to the date of his superannuation, i.e. January 31, 2022.
- A S Rajeev, Executive Director of Indian Bank, has been named MD and CEO of Bank of Maharashtra for an initial period of three years and extendable up to two years after “review of his performance”.
- Atul Kumar Goel and S Harisnakar have been appointed MD and CEO in UCO Bank and Punjab & Sind Bank respectively. Goel is ED, Union Bank of India, and Harisnakar is the Executive Director of Allahabad Bank.
- Ashok Kumar Pradhan will be MD and CEO of United Bank of India. He is at present the ED of the same bank.