Generate the Virtual ID of Your Aadhaar Number following the guidelines below. UIDAI has enabled the creation of Virtual ID and started accepting for address update on their platform. They have also confirmed that it will be compulsory for all agencies that undertake authentication to accept the Virtual ID from their users from June 1, 2018.
Individual may use the generated Virtual Id on the place of Aadhaar number for availing any services. In the beta form, users can generate their Virtual ID and use it to update address in Aadhaar online for the time being. The generated Virtual ID’s will protect the Aadhaar number misuse and address the much concerned privacy theft.
Steps to Generate the Virtual ID’s (VID) ?
- Visit the link “https://resident.uidai.gov.in/web/resident/vidgeneration“
- Enter your Aadhaar Number and Security code in the appropriate box and click on “Send OTP”
- An OTP (One Time Password) will be sent on the registered mobile number linked with Aadhaar
- Enter the OTP in the box mentioning “Enter OTP”
- Choose the desired option i.e. “Generate VID”
- Click on Submit
- You will get the completion page
- Instantly User will receive the 16 digits VID details as SMS on registered mobile number linked with Aadhaar.
- 10. That’s easy, isn’t it
Disclaimer : This is for informative purpose. Admin will not be responsible for any data loss due to sharing of Aadhaar related information. No Aadhaar details should be shared in comment section.