An easy step by step process to submit the Life certificate of pensioners online. The submission of life certificate through online mode can be done through Jeevan Pramaan Patra or https://jeevanpramaan.gov.in. Now, pensioners are needed to visit the bank branches or post office or local Citizen Service Centre once for generation of Pramaan ID. Those who are already having the Pramaan ID , they can submit the Life Certificate Online with Aadhaar based OTP without any biometric confirmation.
For the past few years, the government has provided a platform that enables pensioners to submit the certificate online and do away with a physical visit.
How to Submit Life Certificate Online through Pramaan ID ?
1. To obtain this digital certificate, pensioners must generate a unique Pramaan ID.
2. This ID is generated for the individual pensioner using his or her Aadhaar number and biometrics.
3. You can generate this ID for the first time by visiting the local Citizen Service Centre that facilitates Aadhaar transactions or at the branch of the pension disbursing agency like Banks or Post Office.
4. The pensioner has to provide Aadhaar number, mobile number pension payment order (PPO) number and pension account number apart from fingerprints.
5. After successful authentication, an SMS acknowledgement is sent to your mobile number, which includes your Pramaan ID.
6. Once generated, you do not have to submit the DLC to the pension disbursing agency. You can do so digitally through the Jeevan Pramaan portal (https://jeevanpramaan.gov.in).
NOTE : Pension Disbursing Authority can access the life certificate from the portal. Pensioners can also generate the certificate on the mobile phone or PC through the Umang app on Android and Windows, respectively.
How to Submit Through Jeevan Pramaan Portal ?
- Download the Umang android application
- Register or Login with Mobile Number and OTP
- Go to Jeevan Pramaan Tab
4. Enter your Aadhaar Number or Pramaan ID and mobile number
5. An OTP will be sent for validation
6. That’s Done ! Download the acknowledgement copy for your references.
For senior citizens who are bedridden or unable to visit bank branch, a doorstep service for Aadhaar based authentication is also offered by disbursing agencies. Several banks organise Jeevan Pramaan certificate camps for making this process convenient for customers.
It must be noted that the Pramaan ID is not valid for life. The validity period of the digital certificate is as per rules specified by the Pension Sanctioning Authority.