How To Do IMPS Fund Transfer in SBI ? – IMPS i.e. Immediate Payment Service , a new initiative for transferring fund immediately to any bank account. The best feature of IMPS is that one can send and receive the money using mobile number also with the help of 7 digit MMID number. This facilities of IMPS is provided by NPCI i.e. National Payment Corporation of India.
The Benefit of SBI IMPS Services are :
There is not need of Registering the Payee or Beneficiary
Fund Transfer take place immediately. Credit up to certain limit transfer to account instantaneously.
All the customer of State Bank of India i.e. Mobile Banking as well as Internet Banking can enjoy the benefit of IMPS fund transfer.
Read Also : How To Activate SBI Missed Call Banking?
- How to register mobile number for IMPS Fund Transfer in SBI
Solution : This service is available on all application i.e. SMS or GPRS, WAP , USSD and SMS Banking
- Send MBSREG to 9223440000 or 567676
- Receive UserID and Default MPIN
- Download Application on JAVA Mobile from http://mobile.onlinesbi.com/ or from Android Market on Android Mobiles.
WAP URL: http://mobile.onlinesbi.com/sbiwap/
USSD: Dial *595# on GSM operators like Airtel, Idea, Vodafone, Aircel, Uninor, MTNL etc.
SMS Banking: Keywords like SMPIN, SBAL, SMIN, etc with UserId & MPIN to 9223440000
- Change Default MPIN through any one of the chosen Mode to avail MBS on that Mode.
- Register A/c At ATM >MobReg>Mob Banking>10 digit Mob No. Or Apply at any SBI Branc.
2. How to generate MMID ?
Solution : All registered Mobile Banking Users of State Bank will be allotted MMID which will be received by beneficiary through SMS on next day of registration.
For Walk In Customer to Generate MMID:
Go to ATM >MobReg>SMS SMS Alert / 3DSecured Code / IMPS>10 digit Mob No. Or Apply at the Branch for online registration.
User will Receive MMID through SMS.
For Reset of MMID:
- Send SMS “MMID SBI” to 9223440000 to retrieve your MMID.
- Send SMS “MMIDCANCEL” to 9223440000 to cancel your MMID.
3. How to get M-PIN ?
Solution : After sending SMS <MBSREG> to 9223440000/ 567676, customer will receive the User ID and default MPIN via SMS on Mobile no. Change default M-PIN at first login .
4. How to send money ?
Solution : Follow the instruction below to send the money to any account once the registration completed for Mpin.
Login to Mobile Banking and go to Funds Transfer>IMPS-Mobile to Mobile Transfer>Payee mobile number>Payee MMID>Purpose (Optional)>Amount>Select account to be debited>MPIN>Confirm
Send a SMS message through your Mobile to 9223440000 using the following keywords:
<IMPS> <Mobile No> < MMID> < amount> <User ID> <MPIN> <Purpose (Optional- 20 Char)>
IMPS Fund Transfer through USSD Services
Registered USSD subscribers may follow the IMPS option:
Enter the Mobile No of the payee > Enter the MMID of the payee >Enter the purpose >Enter amount >Enter the MPIN and complete the request.
5. How to receive money ?
Solution : In order to receive money through SBI IMPS Fund Transfer follow the below instruction ..
- Register your mobile number with your account in the Bank
- Get MMID from the Bank
- Share your mobile number and MMID with sender
- Ask the sender to send money
- Check the SMS confirmation for the money received through IMPS
6. SBI Amount limits and Bank charges for IMPS Fund Transfer
Solution : Currently the Limit for IMPS at State Bank Of India are :
Amount Limits :
SMS – Rs. 1000/- per day and Rs. 5000/- per month
USSD – Rs. 1000/- per day and 5000/- per month
Application – Rs. 50000/- per day and 250000/- per month
WAP – Rs. 50000/- per day and 250000/- per month
Bank Charges: NIL
Contact information : Contact SBI Customer Care at Any of the below mentioned link
Customer care number – 1800228866/ 1800 42 53800 / 1800 11 2211 or SBI Customer Care Here