Government of India has made Aadhaar Mandatory for all the transaction related to Government sponsored schemes, Pension funds floated by EPFO and Employee Provident Fund beneficiaries.
Provision is made in such a way that individuals without Aadhaar cards will not be allowed to receive provident funds, irrespective of the fact that whether the individual works in a big organisation or in any government department.
EPFO already has announced that subsidy, equivalent to 1.16 per cent of the employee’s salary upto ₹6,500, paid by the Centre towards the EPS, will no longer be credited till the Aadhaar number is shared with the authorities.
Government will terminate all such facilities which are provided to individual if Aadhaar is not being linked with authority. It is also made mandatory for people who are taking benefits from different government policies inclusive of salary on a regular/monthly basis and even for all those citizen who are receiving their pension income as well as the retirement savings.
Individual Who is not having Aadhaar may get enrolled for an Aadhaar card you need to follow these steps:
- You need to visit the nearest Aadhaar Seva Kendra with relevant identity and address proofs.
- Once you submit your documents along with the biometric data including fingerprints marks, IRIS and a photograph, your Aadhaar details are registered.
- Confirmation along with acknowledgment receipt/slip which consists of a 14 digit enrollment number will be given to you.
Learn : How To Apply Jeevan Pramaan? FAQ
Where can you the status updates?
To check your Aadhaar status,
- you can visit the UIDAI Website : Here
- Provide your enrollment number
- You will receive an SMS on your registered mobile number once your card is made.
- It takes three months approx for creation of Aadhaar card.
- You will receive your Aadhaar card on your postal address which you have confirmed during the time of enrollment.
- You may download your Aadhaar card online through UIDAI portal.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile phone which you need to enter in the portal and get your e-letter of Aadhaar card.
- You e-letter is password protected where the password is generally the PIN code of your city area.